Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
The Forums have a new look coming Monday, February 7th!

Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Feb 4 2022, 10:58

Good news! There are some awesome improvements to the forums that allow for an easier user experience. Keep reading for the highlights.

Easily follow discussions with a simpler design. Plus, users stats are more predominantly displayed so you can quickly identify experts.

We finally optimized for mobile usability! This way you can stay involved on the go.

Note: the iPhone and Android apps have not been updated, you must visit biggerpockets.com/forums to see the improved mobile experience

Now tag your topic posts with locations that can be easily found via the location filter at the top of your forums experience. Find what you’re looking for faster.

A clean new design with all the most relevant information prominently displayed. This makes the conversation amongst BiggerPockets members that much easier to read!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 6 2022, 06:39

Hi everyone,

Since the forum is fluxing in design right now, I did a mockup of the screen just after login, for discussion.

I did away with the ghost of a post words at the bottom of each post and rearranged OP with responded pics, and added some stats, as well as a jump to last post link.

My thought was to make it tighter with less scrolling.

I understand there is a button for compact view which will hide the "ghost of a post" text--but I do not see that button on my Win-7 and Win-8 machines on Chrome.

Does anyone think the ghost of a post words at the bottom of each post at this point are useful.

Personally I don't use them.

Just my 2 cents.

Note: Right Click --Open Image in another tab increases it's size.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 6 2022, 06:48

The reason the right click is coming up so artifacted (unclear) is because the server is sending it to you at image quality 55 vs 100%.

Maybe it works for other pics, but these pings, this is the best they will look at 55.

I suppose it save bandwidth and $$$ over time though.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Greg Scott
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SE Michigan
Votes |
Pro Member
  • SE Michigan
Replied Jun 8 2022, 19:43
Quote from @Nate Slappey III:

@Henry Clark Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.....not sure I can help with the cherries but ill see 😂

Nate:

I have a new complaint about the forums...

I am seeing posts from PRO members that only PRO members can respond to, and I am not PRO. 

I just spent a lot of time crafting a usable response to a PRO member and, upon posting, was denied posting it because I am not PRO.  I have 20x the experience than he does and could have added a lot of value to him.  Because of this procedural misstep, BP is failing in its primary mission.

Please hide "PRO" questions for which experienced people that cannot respond.

I used to be a PRO member until they jacked the price.

I have more experience than most PRO members.

Now I can see PRO member questions, and despite spending a long time crafting responses, all my posts get rejected.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 8 2022, 19:54

I would still suggest that when you click on a link to a post that you are named in...that it should scroll down to that particular post.....

User Stats

Votes
Nate Slappey III
Pro Member
  • Realtor | Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Replied Jun 9 2022, 08:19
Quote from @Greg Scott:

@Henry Clark Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.....not sure I can help with the cherries but ill see 😂

Nate:

I have a new complaint about the forums...

I am seeing posts from PRO members that only PRO members can respond to, and I am not PRO. 

I just spent a lot of time crafting a usable response to a PRO member and, upon posting, was denied posting it because I am not PRO.  I have 20x the experience than he does and could have added a lot of value to him.  Because of this procedural misstep, BP is failing in its primary mission.

Please hide "PRO" questions for which experienced people that cannot respond.

I used to be a PRO member until they jacked the price.

I have more experience than most PRO members.

Now I can see PRO member questions, and despite spending a long time crafting responses, all my posts get rejected.

@Greg Scott can you link me to the thread you're talking about? the forums should be available in full to all users no matter the membership status so this may be a bug the team needs to look into. Apologies for the inconvience.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Slappey III
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Replied Jun 9 2022, 08:21
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

I would still suggest that when you click on a link to a post that you are named in...that it should scroll down to that particular post.....

@Bruce Woodruff are you referring to coming from email or notifications on the site? i know we fixed this for notifications on the site but may have missed coming from email.

User Stats

Votes
Greg Scott
Pro Member
  • SE Michigan
Votes |
Pro Member
  • SE Michigan
Replied Jun 9 2022, 09:00

@Nate Slappey III

Unfortunately, I cannot search for one of these posts and the ones that I posted too are long ago moved out of "unanswered" which is how I stumbled upon them.

Before the update to the Forums, I used to see the occasional "You can't read this because you are not PRO" post.  Now I am apparently allowed to read the post, write a response, and it is only when I try to post the reply that I get an error message.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Slappey III
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Replied Jun 9 2022, 09:09

@Greg Scott gotcha, i understand the frustration. the team and I are looking into things. Thanks for the feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 9 2022, 09:30

@Bruce Woodruff are you referring to coming from email or notifications on the site? i know we fixed this for notifications on the site but may have missed coming from email.

from email.....

None of my business I suppose, but it shouldn't take your IT guys 4 months to fix something like this.....right?

User Stats

Votes
Nate Slappey III
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Metro Detroit, MI
Replied Jun 10 2022, 07:38

from email.....

None of my business I suppose, but it shouldn't take your IT guys 4 months to fix something like this.....right?

@Bruce Woodruff interesting...it appears to be working for me. Are you clicking the green "view mention" button in the email? 

when you click the post title it just takes you to the post but when you click "view mention" it should take you to that specific mention. 

if that isnt the case with you then let me know because we may have a bug. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 10 2022, 07:54

from email.....

@Bruce Woodruff interesting...it appears to be working for me. Are you clicking the green "view mention" button in the email? 

when you click the post title it just takes you to the post but when you click "view mention" it should take you to that specific mention. 

if that isnt the case with you then let me know because we may have a bug. 

Hi Nate - This morning it is hit and miss. This time with your post, I clicked on the green and it took me right to your post. The other times this morning it took me to the first post in the thread and I had to scroll down.