Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Kourtnee H.
Votes |
Where to start when you meet a new investor? 🤔 😬

Kourtnee H.
Posted Dec 24 2022, 14:10

Any help and advice would be appreciated. I currently have a full time job. And met a client that does multifamly investments in 2 other states. I told him I constantly find vacant land and property here (part time I drive and do property preservation).  We began to chat and he said he was interested in having me help him. So over the weekend I found about 14 abounded/ vacant properties including 3 empty lots (1 or 2 may only be good, even none). We discussed and will be chatting more in a few days. 

He said bring along questions that I have and we can work on contracts and paperwork so I am paid properly. Question are:

*what else to ask him? 

*What are red flags to watch for with an investor?

*what documents should I be most concerened about at the beginning of all this?

*Any good free or low cost training out there that would help me go furthur?

Ive watched youtube videos. Purchased classes such a Cody S. And just stayed aware of things for about 2 years+ but never had contacts for getting something started. He said he is will to teach me how to flip and split profits (no number was given). 

Thank you in advance

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Martinez
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Dec 25 2022, 02:35

start working the vacant land, you can get a great deal!!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Dec 25 2022, 08:36

How exactly are you representing him? Are you a wholesaler or his realtor? Either way YOU dictate how you will be compensated. 3% as a realtor and whatever wholesale fee you want as a wholesaler.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Owen Dashner
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 10 2023, 04:36

Are you just bird-dogging some leads? Or looking to get properties under contract to assign/double close? Or are you an agent looking for commission?  We need more details to give you the right answer. If you are wholesaling, you dictate the price. 

If you are just bird dogging some leads on vacant properties and he is doing all of the work, you likely will make quite a bit less (flat fees for properties bought).  But you could negotiate about anything - like see if you can get a piece of the equity in leads that turn into deals...  

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 20 2023, 08:31

I would just make sure an attorney looked over everything to protect you

The Moorhead Team Logo