Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Sterling
Votes |
CT Lease Agreements

Daniel Sterling
Posted Jan 30 2023, 13:01

Is there any reason why Connecticut is the only state without a downloadable lease agreement? I'm not a Pro member yet, but I intend on beginning my real estate journey this year. The lease agreement feature will be a determining factor of my Pro membership. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Batista
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Connecticut
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Connecticut
Replied Jan 30 2023, 14:24

I have access to it as a pro and have been using these leases for 3 years now. 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Sterling
Votes |
Replied Jan 30 2023, 15:36

Okay, it's blacked-out and says that they're still working on these documents when you aren't pro yet. At least I know that they're there, so thank you for confirming that.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Lamothe
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 30 2023, 18:50

I just downloaded the Connecticut lease after changing to a PRO member over the weekend.    

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 26 2023, 06:52
Quote from @Steve Batista:

I have access to it as a pro and have been using these leases for 3 years now. 

Are the lease agreements on bigger pockets good? can you add anything or edit them?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 26 2023, 06:52
Quote from @Jeff Lamothe:

I just downloaded the Connecticut lease after changing to a PRO member over the weekend.    

Are the lease agreements on bigger pockets good? can you add anything or edit them?

User Stats

Votes
Steve Batista
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Connecticut
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Connecticut
Replied Jul 26 2023, 10:26

You can edit them and are very decent. I have leases from membership in the CT REIA but those are a bit harsh and overkill. The Biggerpockets is a decent balance of info but not over kill. Haven't been any dispute issues litigated so how would be in court is unknown to me, but everything is balanced and not heavy handed against tenant so fair both ways in my opinion.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Lamothe
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 12 2023, 12:54

Hello @Steve Batista it would make my day to see the lease that is provided from CT REIA because I remember of the coaches talking about how iron clad they are.

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Sep 21 2023, 15:05
Quote from @Daniel Sterling:

Is there any reason why Connecticut is the only state without a downloadable lease agreement? I'm not a Pro member yet, but I intend on beginning my real estate journey this year. The lease agreement feature will be a determining factor of my Pro membership. 

Hey Daniel, you should be able to purchase any state's lease agreement for $99 here. Or they're free for Pros here! Good luck!