Sending PMs Getting Popup that can't be read or acknolwedged blocks entire system!

3 Replies

Well, another change I guess. A popup shows on my screen for any message to anyone, only the top (maybe) third of the page shows, can't scroll it down to see any accept button or continue or kiss my tail to reply.

Its a warning on how not to abuse the system, after being here and sending messages for years you'd think I wouldn't be soliciting members.....

How do I get rid of this popup, or do I need to go buy a larger computer screen to send one PM on BP? :(

Bill...just a thought.  Have you checked your IE settings to ensure you are viewing the screen at 100% or less?  When I use my dual desktop monitors, I typically change my zoom setting to 125%.  If I forget to change it back to 100%, when running in standard laptop mode, I have a lot of problems with popups that are just like you've described.

There's a checkbox at the top right corner of the box or you can just click off the box and it should go away. The only way I can imagine it showing like that is if you have some kind of zoom happening on your screen as @Hattie Dizmond  suggested.

Thanks, but...

I used the close window option (X), that closed and left the PM as unsent, I hit send, the window pops up again.

No, my zoom is at 100%, can't reduce it, its 100, 125 or 150%.

Other sites (not RE) have similar features for new members, they go away after you use them 10, 15. 25 times. Is this to pop up every time forever or will it go away after a few sent messages?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here