Error Message

7 Replies

Everytime I try to reply to a message I keep getting this error message no matter how long the message body is:•Body is too short (minimum is 13 characters). Anyone knows what this means?

Hey @Rosalynn Rice  -- I'm going to have our developers look into this for you.  Are you writing directly into the reply box or are you writing your posts somewhere else and pasting your message in?

cc: Robert P.

In addition to what the OP wrote, mentions don't properly function when typing inside the edit box you get after that error message appears; only colleagues show up in the list of users, not all other thread participants. 

Hi Josh, I have tried both ways when someone sends me a message and I try to reply to that message.Now... something interesting happended last night, I sent the message from my cell phone and it went through right away. Not sure if this works all the time because I just made note of it last night.
A lot of times, I am also unable to pull up someone's name by typing the @ + first two initials.
Thanks!

To make the @ notifications work you have to type the name, not initials.  Typing @rp doesn't find anything.  Typing @Rosalynn Rice works.  The easiest way to mention someone already in the thread is to type @?.  That gives you a list of the people already in the thread.

@jon holdman, hmm, it didn't for some reason...

@Rosalynn Rice  ,  even when you type the full name you have to click on that in the list that pops up at the bottom of the reply text box.  You may have to scroll your window down to see it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here