Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements
Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London
Votes |
What are XXX [Reference Requests this time]?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

A suggestion.

First, a warning: I am still learning the new system.

It would be helpful if there was a link or help that is in context. Specific case below.

References. Just what are they used for and how do you organize them?

I can make guesses based on reading a few if I go to someone's profile. As the site is new there really are not that many references to use as examples.

I click on one of the reference buttons and it says I do not have any. It suggests that I contribute in the forum. Being a large contributor that is not going to help me understand.

I was half expecting a little help window or other motivation pitch. Something that tells people the how and why. Something in context so it comes up or can be reviewed as and when needed in the reference section.

I know on some other sites you can get help or otherwise get some examples on the same page. Striking when the iron is hot and when the user has the greatest interest in the topic.

Part of the reason for asking is one person who I asked to provide a reference came back with they did not understand what references are. I made something up that is likely close to the mark but not the official definition.

Loading replies...