TX- some answers are state specific post state w/each post

3 Replies

As I look in the forums, I am looking for people or subjects that are Texas specific. It is tedious to go through each comment to find a few or shall I say not find topics related to my state.

I would like to suggest that along with the user name that the State be posted with each comment as laws, rules, etc. are state specific. Some answers are great the apply nationwide, but it can be somewhat confusing for someone to find an answer then later find out it's different from state to state. :idea:

BossLady,

I hear where you are coming from.

If people fill in their profile then they can indicate a state with each post (on the left below the picture).

That will not work perfectly as some do not have states. Or they invest in multiple states so have info that applies to more than one.

Maybe not exactly what you were hoping for.

BTW - You can search for people who are based in TX and then see what they have posted in the past. Still not exactly on target for the request.

Good points. Remember though bosslady, many if not most answers here are going to be more "general" than specific. This is especially true for states and locales. If it gets down to it sometimes the OP is just looking for a bit of guidance to determine if the question is worth the cost of taking it to an attorney.

Heck, sometimes things are different in Mansfield than Burleson.

all cash

Thanks,

It was just a suggestion, being new to this forum, I wanted to know where a post was originating from to see if I am able to eat the meat and spit out the bones as it applies what I am researching.

For example if some one if asking about something in Ohio I don't need to waste time reading because it is not applicable to TX.

I just thought is was an easy way to weed through the posts when I see which market the question or posting is coming from, before having to open each posting. Don't get me wrong there are some postings that don't matter where it is originating from. I was speaking about the ones where people asking for help and it seems like a common question that many repliers asked "Where are you" so that I can better reply to your question. :groovy:

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here