slow navigation

12 Replies

Is anyone else having problems navigating the site today? It is extremely slow today. I"ve never had this problem before, I've checked other sites and they seem fine.

Originally posted by "cbear":
Is anyone else having problems navigating the site today? It is extremely slow today. I"ve never had this problem before, I've checked other sites and they seem fine.

Delays can happen and it has taken place before.

Exactly why and how much is the site, your end or something in between is hard to say without specifics.

When you notice things that appear to be off, capture the time and what you were doing. That way the site admins have a better chance to look at what was going on at the time.

REI, Thanks for trying to help, everything I click on takes at least 35 seconds to load, only bigger pockets seems affected, its now early A.M. the next day, problem still persists.

Perhaps you were on during a spike in traffic or during an upgrade. It happens to the best of sites! As we've recently upgraded our servers, site slow-downs have been minimized.

Perhaps it is a routing issue. I've been online while you have and there is no speed issue. Let us know if the problem persists over the next few hours/days.

Jim,

Anything specific that you were doing? Forum use, the social networking pages, etc?

I have not noticed any delays that were longer than normal. I am across the pond so in the other direction from you.

The biggest delays I see are on the profile pages and even then the performance is pretty consistent plus reasonable.

If there is a local cache problem you might want to restart the browser and the machine. It should not matter but it does eliminate one variable from the equation.

10:30 A.M. Pacific time. From the time I go do the discussion forums, to the site discussion, even to post this reply I have a 30-45 second wait. To go forward or back or visit any other area of the forums I have the same results.

Very strange! As we haven't had any other complaints about this, and since everything looks good on our end, I'm guessing it is something on your side of things. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to suggest.

Hello, I logged out of the forum area, went to the profile area, looked like I was still logged in there, so logged out, shut down computer. After restart everything seems to be normal again. Great to be back up to speed!

Originally posted by "cbear":
Hello, I logged out of the forum area, went to the profile area, looked like I was still logged in there, so logged out, shut down computer. After restart everything seems to be normal again. Great to be back up to speed!

Well done.

The above correction does imply a local issue or confusion between the site and your specific computer. Likely you should restart when ever you see speed issues as it will clear out the cache and other buffers plus clean up the virtual memory on your machine.

Glad to hear everything is fine now. Like I said, we haven't had the problem with other users, so it had to be something strange on your end. Welcome back to speed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here