Votes
Leigh Ann Smith
  • Manvel, TX
Votes |
Podcast Suggestion - RV Parks

Leigh Ann Smith
  • Manvel, TX
Posted Jul 10 2015, 10:16

I'd be interested in hearing a guest discuss investing in RV parks on the podcast.  In the Houston area (not a vacation destination), most of these appear to have long term residents living in them, more like a mobile home park.  There is one going in near my house that probably has 50 or more hook-ups.  I personally know of one young man who is living in an RV that his parents bought because he has an eviction and can't get an apartment, so this could be a growing trend.

I have heard that some parks have a bathroom with showers and a laundromat.  A quick search online showed that many seemed to include water, electricity, and even Internet in the site rental.  Some also included cable TV.

Some questions I have:

How does eviction work if the resident doesn't pay their site rental or if they are creating trouble (loud music, etc.)?

Do you screen guests?

What amenities are expected to be provided?

Should water and electric be included in the monthly/weekly/daily rental?

Can the park be operated without having a manned office open during normal work hours?

How/where do the RV's dump their waste?

If the park isn't on city water/sewer, is that just a bad idea?  Land sure is less expensive in rural areas!

What costs are involved with building a park from scratch?

What should you look for in an existing park you are considering purchasing?

Loading replies...