Best way to Re-finance my current Home with less Hassle

4 Replies

Hello All,

I haven't refinanced my home in a while(8yrs), I am still on the 6% 30 hr Fixed, Last time I tried, didn't workout as the company I was trying to refinance through, mentioned my Credit score was low(~620) and since I had 2 late payments within the last year., etc. So after that Incident didn't want to go through it again without knowing if its going to work or not. Looking forward to the pros for advice and any proven companies that you guys recommend:-)

Thank you,

Sk

Updated over 1 year ago

Currently working with a lender, since the credit score is a way better position than last time, this should go through, Will update you guys.

@SURESH KANNAN It all depends on your financial status.  Call some lenders.  I would certainly refinance at today's rates if possible. Then you'll have to decide whether to take cash out or finance only the balance to lower your payments.  Good luck!

@SURESH KANNAN send me a message. I can tell you what your options are. I have been dong this for many years now. 

Hi @SURESH KANNAN , do you have an FHA loan? You might be able to do an FHA streamline refi. There is no credit check, no appraisal, and low fees. I just did this and it got my rate down from 5.5% to 3.5% (bought in 2003). Good luck!

Current one is not a FHA loan, its from Wellsfargo, working with a Lender now. Will update how it goes. Thanks for Sharing @Will Chamberlin !! Have a great day!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.