Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
We're Teenagers! Happy 13th Birthday, BiggerPockets!

Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Posted Oct 22 2017, 04:30

Thirteen years ago today, @Joshua Dorkin created BiggerPockets. 

Sick of not finding the information he needed to properly invest in real estate, he was tired of making mistakes. Google wasn't much help, bringing back results for courses that cost $10,000 or no results at all. Frustrated by not having anyone to talk to about real estate, he chose to create a space where people could discuss real estate investing, share ideas and tips, and learn from each other. (He shared the whole story on  The BiggerPockets Podcast Episode 100.)

Thirteen years ago, Josh became Member (and employee) #1. Today we're more than 875,000 members strong, sharing information about what works and what doesn't and most importantly, how to use real estate to realize financial freedom. We now have more than 25 employees who bring you this site and work to improve it every single day.

I happened upon BiggerPockets 4 years ago, and could not believe it existed. (I could have avoided some basic mistakes and made a lot more money investing if I had found BiggerPockets sooner.)

I raced through the forums, reading what felt like every single thread. OMG! There are people who love real estate as much as I do?!? I spent so much time on the site, devouring information. (I still do.) It felt like home. This is my tribe!

Thank you, Josh, for creating my tribe!!!

Happy Birthday, BiggerPockets! 

Loading replies...