Commercial Residential Properties

7 Replies

I’m looking  to add to my portfolio. I’m looking for info for the best way to find commercial residential deals? LoopNet, UMF and other websites just keep the same old postings up and don’t update? I’m looking for an agent or broker with off market deals or knowledge of potential sellers? Can anyone help? 

David.

Go to loopnet. Find all the current listings and call all of the listings agents.

Tell them what you're looking for and if they can send over any deals that fit your criteria.

Put those people on a excel and reach out to them every 2-3 weeks.

Originally posted by @Grant Rothenburger :

@David Moreau It's gonna be really tough to find an agent or broker to send you their "pocket listings" with no background in real estate and no relationship with said agent/broker. It can be done and @Antoine Martel gave a great suggestion, you gotta bug them just enough to be on their mind but not annoy them.

The perfect balance lol

Guys, I have 25 units and been in the biz since 03’. I have 2 agents... looking for off market deals? Thanks for the advice, sort of? 

@David Moreau @Antoine Martel gave the best way to do this in my opinion. I would also crate a simple document or e-mail template with your investment criteria and send that out to them with a proof of funds so they know you're real. I just put a deal under in Phoenix by getting in touch with the Regional Manager and asking to get me in touch with some of the younger guys or "juniors." These guys are typically making hundreds of cold calls a week and are newer so they don't have well established relationships yet meaning less competition for you.  Hope that helps. 

Originally posted by @Scott ONeill :

@David Moreau @Antoine Martel gave the best way to do this in my opinion. I would also crate a simple document or e-mail template with your investment criteria and send that out to them with a proof of funds so they know you're real. I just put a deal under in Phoenix by getting in touch with the Regional Manager and asking to get me in touch with some of the younger guys or "juniors." These guys are typically making hundreds of cold calls a week and are newer so they don't have well established relationships yet meaning less competition for you.  Hope that helps. 

Appreciate it Scott

Thanks Scott.. Good advice!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.