Webinars, how do i watch?

11 Replies

I signed up for a webinar, that was supposed to be on at 11am 8/17. When i came to the site at 10:45 the webinar said the time was 10-11am, not the 11-12 I saw when i signed up. I clicked on the webinar and went to an information page saying it would start at 10:52 and run till 11:52. when it didn't start by 10:55, i went out to the home page and found it was gone with a new one listed. When i went back to the link that described the webinar and had the 10:52 start it was gone.

So what do i have to do?

I was using chrome at the time is that the problem?

This website has a lot of interesting info that is poorly laid out, especially the forum!

PS: when i went to post this question, a popup made agree not to ask for a mentor, etc. and when i checked the box to agree, but the submit button never became active. That left me wondering if I could even post? so i cancelled and hit resubmit again and my question was posted. This time i was on firefox.

If this is standard website behavior, i guess ill just need to go to rei club.

I have used Chrome without issue on the webinar. I have used Chrome for Android too, matter of fact. It's hard to say after the fact what you were looking at but most of the webinars have 1000+ people in attendance so I would suggest most people figure it out without any issue. If you go to the "Webinars" page at the top, you'll see when the next one is (Retire Early, 7-8 PM Eastern Daylight, Wednesday 8/22) and how long until it starts. Most of the webinars take place on Wednesday evenings and are hosted by @Brandon Turner , who you can always message if you would like more information or clarification on a webinar. 

If you are a "Pro" member, you can watch the past webinars. There's lots of other benefits but that is one. 

As for going to another forum, well that's certainly an option - but you won't find one as good as this one. BP has a million members and thousands of active forum posters at any one time. No other real estate forum comes close. 

@Clinton Fisher , the webinars are displayed in your time zone. Here's the link to today's show:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7642137269519586050

Thanks so much for the reply .  I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated with the website.  Most times when I'm on a forum they have a very visible and clear structure to directories which I don't find here. 

As far as the webinar goes I was on the page that showed well over a thousand people in attendance I just never saw a video. There was no video after the start time that it claimed it was going to start at. And now I understand that since I'm not a pro member once I left that page there was no way to get back to it after the start time. I don't know if the video would have started if I would have hung around a little longer after the stated start time? I'm not really sure what happened? I just know that that's a couple of problems that I've had with this website today, one was when I attempted to post my first post.

So far my experience here has been a double negative. I hope it's just some strange block I've got to learning my way around the website.

On brand new posts you get a hold or other message, depending on the forum, because it keeps bots from creating posts. Someone generally needs to verify you're real and that you're not a one-post spammer. 

Navigating: When you first get into Bigger Pockets (from your pc), you'll see a menu bar across the top:

Education: This is where you'll find the forums, podcasts, links to the webinar, member blogs, and other "learning" tools.

Network: This is how you connect with other BP (Bigger Pockets) members, find jobs, lenders, contractors, etc.

Tools: Things to help you analyze a deal, understand different components of real estate investing.

Marketplace: Where you sell or offer services or products.

Store: The BP book store.

The app for your phone is a little different but serve the same purposes. And you can always post in this forum for help navigating anywhere - there's dozens of mods and administrators lurking about all the time that can offer help. 

Originally posted by @Clinton Fisher :

Thanks so much for the reply .  I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated with the website.  Most times when I'm on a forum they have a very visible and clear structure to directories which I don't find here. 

As far as the webinar goes I was on the page that showed well over a thousand people in attendance I just never saw a video. There was no video after the start time that it claimed it was going to start at. And now I understand that since I'm not a pro member once I left that page there was no way to get back to it after the start time. I don't know if the video would have started if I would have hung around a little longer after the stated start time? I'm not really sure what happened? I just know that that's a couple of problems that I've had with this website today, one was when I attempted to post my first post.

So far my experience here has been a double negative. I hope it's just some strange block I've got to learning my way around the website.

Hi Clinton. 

I'm sorry you're having difficulties with our site. Part of the problem is that we have SO much information here, it can sometimes be like drinking from a firehose.

Sometimes hitting refresh can help get the webinar on your screen. I'll connect with you offsite.

I'm having the same problem. Can't watch the webinar. If I go to the webinar page, it does not give me an option to watch the one that is currently on. I've also checked my email for a link.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you