• Winter Haven, FL
Votes |
Can't Edit Profile Picture

Tim Crosby
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winter Haven, FL
Posted Sep 20 2018, 20:15

Hey everyone!

So, I'm having trouble editing my profile picture. I know it can't really be this hard.. right!? Apparently when I signed up, it tried to take the profile picture from my Google account and use that. There's only one problem.. the current image is an older profile picture and not my current one. That said, I don't even want to use my current Google profile picture for this account. I'd like to use something more professional and appropriate for this site. Problem is, I'm not allowed to do so!

Before you start with the basics, let me save you the trouble. Yes, I am on my laptop and I did click the little image in the top right of the window. Previous posts have mentioned going to 'profile settings' but I'm guessing that has been removed since then because no such option exists for me in that area of the website. So far, the only place I've seen to make edits is on the profile page, however, even when I click the little blue pencil, I'm unable to edit the image, only the other basic information like my location and bio are editable. Clicking the image anywhere on that page does nothing and following the FAQ link suggests that hovering over the image reveals a link to edit it, but alas, for me, it does not.

I've tried these methods on both the Dashboard page and the Profile page with no success. I've even tried logging in via different web browsers too. Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome... nothing works properly. I've even tried looking in the Account Settings page for help, but editing account information basically just lets me edit my contact information. I really don't know where else to look, but I really want to get this fixed before posting too much more.

If it sounds like I'm complaining about every little thing, I don't mean to be. I really do enjoy the content this website puts out, but I am a little disappointed in how complicated this simple thing has turned out to be. If this seems a little overboard, just know that I'm not angry or upset while writing this. I only want to be as precise and detailed as possible to help fix this problem. I'm pretty sure that if I'm having this much trouble with this simple task, as an ex-web developer, I surely can't be the only one experiencing this problem. Anyways, enough from me.... please help!

Thanks guys,
- Tim

Loading replies...