nice prospect for small family rental

3 Replies

I came across an 4 bed- 4 bath old house (1916) in MLS. I ran some numbers and it came up with ROI of 16%. I am sure the house needs work, but I think it could be a good rental property. Since I am a newbie, I do not very well how good of a deal is. Can anybody help me to determine what my options are. Thanks.

Need more info than that. How did you come up with 16% ROI? Yes it sounds like a deal on paper based on those numbers but does that include rehab cost? Does that factor in the estimated equity gain from a rehab or just a cash on cash return? And how confident are you in your ability to estimate rehab costs and manage a rehab?

Thanks for answering Bill. I am still learning. Yesterday, I attended small multifamily webinar with Jerry Norton and I began to plug in numbers in the rental calculator.I do not want to waste time so I began working. I also did some research online of the area. Obviously, it needs a lot more research and study. The property is very old and it might need money to rehab. I have not made any offers because i do not feel qualified yet. I can send you the link of the property if you want so you can look at it. I am in the process to make deals, but I know i still have a long way to know, so i want to go slow so I become successful. Tell me where do you want me to send you the link so you can check it out. Thanks again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you