Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Angel G.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
What's Your Go-To Materials List for Renovations ?

Angel G.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorPosted Feb 27 2020, 12:03

After much research, planning, goal setting, and purchasing my first two SFR with the VA Loan while moving around duty locations with the Army, I finally took the first action step of building my multifamily portfolio with the purchase of a Duplex several months back.

As I begin to build momentum with my purchases, I want to develop a "template" or rather a material list with (color / type / brand/ price / vendor) that would serve as my go to for items such as paint, types of blinds, carpet, flooring, hardware, ceiling lighting etc.. I figured if I go ahead and do the leg work now and put together a quick reference list of cost effective items that will enhance the quality of my rental, it will save me time and money later when needing to do the actual renovations/updates.

I'm tracking that markets/locations can vary with styles as well as people's personal preferences etc.

Does anyone have a list that they wouldn't mind sharing of what particular items have been your go to when updating your units?

Thanks in advance! 

Loading replies...