Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Charles Schmidt
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Rental Property Calculator no longer free?

Charles Schmidt
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Posted Feb 5 2021, 08:30

When did this happen? I can't even access all of my old property reports that I created with the calculator in the past couple months without upgrading to BP Pro. Is there something I'm missing or did they just completely take the free version away?

User Stats

Votes
Claudio Salvatorelli
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 5 2021, 08:33

I think if you have the free version there is no chance to save older BP Calculations. I am not a BP pro right at the moment and I'm not able to see the older calculations as well.

User Stats

Votes
Charles Schmidt
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denver, CO
Replied Feb 5 2021, 08:37

That's annoying they changed it with no warning - Brandon would always talk about all the FREE tools they have on here for newbies to start practicing analyzing properties. I can't really justify $40/month at this point so I guess I'll be making my own calculator in Excel

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Feb 5 2021, 12:56
Originally posted by @Charles Schmidt:

That's annoying they changed it with no warning - Brandon would always talk about all the FREE tools they have on here for newbies to start practicing analyzing properties. I can't really justify $40/month at this point so I guess I'll be making my own calculator in Excel

Hi Charles, 

Each free and Plus user gets 5 uses of the calculator before being asked to upgrade to Pro. You are able to access your old reports by going to this url, unfortunately if you're out of free reports you won't be able to edit or create more reports. 

Best, 

Alli McGee

User Stats

Votes
Konstantin Podyachev
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied May 21 2023, 08:09
Quote from @Alli McGee:
Originally posted by @Charles Schmidt:

Hi Charles, 

Each free and Plus user gets 5 uses of the calculator before being asked to upgrade to Pro. You are able to access your old reports by going to this url, unfortunately if you're out of free reports you won't be able to edit or create more reports. 

Best, 

Alli McGee

Actually it doesn't allow you to open your projects. You can see them, but when you click on them you get this response: