• Accountant
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
RV Park / Lot with Pole Barns

Abby Robinson
  • Accountant
  • Charleston, SC
Posted May 17 2022, 12:42

Hello BP Fam! My partners and I are visiting Port St. Joe, FL, affectionately named "The Forgotten Coast" for vacation this week.  I've personally visited this area multiple times for vacation, the most recent time being right after hurricane Michael demolished this area about 4 years ago. The biggest difference we're seeing in the area this time around is the number of RV parks/lots with pole barns on them. This seems to be a hot commodity here and an asset class that my partners and I are interested in investing in as soon as possible. We are experienced investors, as we currently own 4 SFHs, 2 duplexes, and a 9-lot mobile home park (we property manage the MHP) in Charleston, SC. We're very eager to break out of our market and get into some long-distance investing. We've tried speaking to some of the local real estate groups here and haven't had much luck with being taken seriously. Maybe the realtors we've spoken to don't have their thumb on this particular asset class as much as they've claimed? We're unsure. I thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone is familiar with the area, the zoning requirements, the ordinances, infrastructure costs/insight, etc.  TIA for any insight!! 

Loading replies...