• Investor
  • New york
Votes |
investing in a Mobile home

Jon Joro
  • Investor
  • New york
Posted Oct 7 2022, 19:22

hello everyone and if you’re reading this thank you. i have a feeling this is a basic question but will ask anyway.

I have a potential deal where the seller wants to sell me her mobile home but she does not own the land, the land is owned by the park.

is there anything different you would do when it comes to purchasing in a case like this?

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Oct 8 2022, 13:52

@Jon Joro Yes, you'd have to create a relationship with the park manager and/or owner to see if it's OK to buy the home and keep the home there and fill it if that's what you plan to do. If not, you can buy the home and move it somewhere else like another mobile home park, lot or piece of land. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me. Hope that helps! 

User Stats

Votes
Mark Brogan
  • Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Replied Oct 13 2022, 03:29

@Jon Joro
make sure you contact the park owner/manager to get approved before exchanging any money due to past tenant could owe back lot rent also the park could be wanting the home gone from the lot so please contact the park first and if everything checks out you are good to go. 
happy investing

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Joro
  • Investor
  • New york
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New york
Replied Oct 16 2022, 21:25
Quote from @Mark Brogan:

@Jon Joro
make sure you contact the park owner/manager to get approved before exchanging any money due to past tenant could owe back lot rent also the park could be wanting the home gone from the lot so please contact the park first and if everything checks out you are good to go. 
happy investing

i passed on it due to the mobile home being considered "personal property" and not "real estate". i appreciate the advice Mark!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 17 2022, 07:34

Mobile homes have very little value, the value is always in the land. Once you buy this thing you will have to pay lot fee, anywhere from 300-500$ a month. Don't buy without land 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 8 2022, 09:06

I agree with @Eliott Elias. Don't buy unless you're just buying for cashflow.

The Moorhead Team Logo