• Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Need a MHP List

Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jan 21 2023, 06:36

What’s the best place you’ve found to pull a list of mobile home parks? Also I'm in Austin and would love to network with other park owners in the area.

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mario Dattilo
  • Investor
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Naples, FL
Replied Jan 21 2023, 07:05

Depending on size of the area. You can use google earth and build a list manually and then skip trace them. If you are going wider you can buy a list from several list brokers. I’d recommend not buying a list that has been skipped but just buy the list of properties and manually skip trace them. This will get you the most up to date contact data.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 21 2023, 08:08

@Andrew W. can help

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
John Boutros
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jan 21 2023, 21:44
Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

What’s the best place you’ve found to pull a list of mobile home parks? Also I'm in Austin and would love to network with other park owners in the area.

I spent two years building a list for all parks in numerous states. Time intensive, but well worth it IMO. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew W.
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 22 2023, 06:58

This episode explains methods for building a list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-90-building-your-million-dollar-mobile-home-park/id1121784143?i=1000417817086

I also bought a list once. @Jordan Moorhead I'd be happy to chat about parks here in Texas  

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 07:21

@John Boutros just google maps and skip tracing?

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 07:22

@Andrew W. I'd love to connect!

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Patrick O'Shea
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Upper St Clair, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Upper St Clair, PA
Replied Jan 31 2023, 19:56

Jordan, I emailed what I have, 54.3k locations. This isn't perfect in my experience, but it's pretty good. Throw it into Excel, filter on state, county, park size, etc. You can also import it into Google Maps and create a maps with these locations with the location information.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 6 2023, 11:34
Patrick O'Shea, by any chance could I get that list?  I am currently working on one myself and would love to take a look at it.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick O'Shea
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Upper St Clair, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Upper St Clair, PA
Replied Feb 14 2023, 08:23

@Nory Settineri Here's a link to the list I was referring to. It's based off map information so park names / ownership aren't usually available, but if you have the location you can go to county records to find ownership info and google maps for the park name potentially. I think the strength of it is having the park size and MSA for narrowing your search if you know where you want to look already.
https://hifld-geoplatform.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/mobile-home-parks/explore

Part of me wonders what could be accomplished if this was shared via google sheets and was crowd sourced for a master list of parks with ownership information. I'm not that ambitious, but if someone is I'd be happy to contribute the information I compile.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Stern
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 15 2023, 18:32
Quote from @Patrick O'Shea:

Jordan, I emailed what I have, 54.3k locations. This isn't perfect in my experience, but it's pretty good. Throw it into Excel, filter on state, county, park size, etc. You can also import it into Google Maps and create a maps with these locations with the location information.

Just shot you a PM!