Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Garry Dhaliwal
Votes |
Mobile Home Park in Crystal River, Florida

Garry Dhaliwal
Posted May 14 2024, 02:57

I have 32 Ac (all dry and usable) and looking to check if mobile home park is feasible and then develop it. I will appreciate all the input I can get especially a reasonable person to do the logistics including zoning etc. Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 14 2024, 05:21

With that kind of real estate in your pocket you are certainly wildly successful and a very savvy and intelligent person.  I have followed Frank Rolfe and his Mobile Home University for over 20 years.  This is his take on developing mobile home parks.  Just some food for thought.
https://www.mobilehomeuniversity.com/mhp-mastery/the-new-par...

User Stats

Votes
Garry Dhaliwal
Votes |
Replied May 16 2024, 05:11

Thanks for sharing, very interesting article.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 18 2024, 18:48

@Garry Dhaliwal From my experience talking with other investors including others who have done it, it's a lot of time and work to develop mobile home parks from the ground up. They require a lot of capitol as well as cooperation from the local city and/or county. 

Most I know who've done this in the past say it's not worth the time and money. The majority of the advice out there is to work existing parks and/or lots or land with infrastructure in place.

Hope that helps! 

User Stats

Votes
Garry Dhaliwal
Votes |
Replied May 18 2024, 19:29

Thanks Rachel. Very few people have strong mind to guide people at initial juncture.

The other plan is to develop the property in to Outdoor Paint Ball Arcade ??

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 19 2024, 11:39
Quote from @Rachel H.:

@Garry Dhaliwal From my experience talking with other investors including others who have done it, it's a lot of time and work to develop mobile home parks from the ground up. They require a lot of capitol as well as cooperation from the local city and/or county. 

Most I know who've done this in the past say it's not worth the time and money. The majority of the advice out there is to work existing parks and/or lots or land with infrastructure in place.

Hope that helps! 

it doesn't cost a lot to put utilities and parking pads in or even entitle it or to purchase land. it's just a lot of work that no one wants to do. parks are hard to get approved but they are not expensive to develop. it's nothing but utilities and parking pads and an office. harder to finance too, but compared to apartment development or mixed use development it is one of the cheapest and highest performing assets because of reduced construction costs.