SFH Investor gets bit by MHP bug and needs advice...

4 Replies

I'm currently a SFH investor in the Houston area but am now ready to move into MHPs. Over the next 5 years I want to purchase and maintain 4-8 Mobile Home Parks (all in the 30-70 space range). My thought would be that I could manage those parks remotely (with on-site managers) in about 20-30 hrs a week plus 2-4 site visits per year. Can someone with experience in MHP investing experience check my thinking on that? I'm trying to gauge if I can purchase/manage that number of parks while still working my 50 hr/ wk job.

Thanks in advance

I don't see why not but to get up to speed completely you should consider attending the Mobile Home University before you buy your first park. You'll learn everything you need to make it work.

Thanks Bruce.  I bought my ticket last week and I'm planning on going to MHU in Chicago this June.  I take it you have been and had a favorable experience? I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by @Robbie Pratt :

I'm currently a SFH investor in the Houston area but am now ready to move into MHPs. Over the next 5 years I want to purchase and maintain 4-8 Mobile Home Parks (all in the 30-70 space range). My thought would be that I could manage those parks remotely (with on-site managers) in about 20-30 hrs a week plus 2-4 site visits per year. Can someone with experience in MHP investing experience check my thinking on that? I'm trying to gauge if I can purchase/manage that number of parks while still working my 50 hr/ wk job.

Thanks in advance

We have a few SFR in Houston as well and are looking into multi family. What made you decide to go the MHU route? What are your financing options?

Ultimately, the expected returns are why I'm considering MHPs.  At the same time it seems that the risk can also be much higher in MHPs so I'm proceeding with caution - trying to learn from as many people who have done it successfully before diving in.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here