Is it possible to form mobile home investment partnerships?

2 Replies

I am currently helping someone sell their mobile home. If they weren't asking so much, I would have considered doing a "Lonnie deal" with it. As it turns out, the homeowners wife is a realtor specializing in MH sales. I thought it was kind of odd that she has not done a great job at marketing her own home. Anyway, she has asked about the possibility of entering a partnership with me. I think she is under the impression that I am an experienced investor. I'm not too comfortable with the idea, since I am mostly familiar with "Lonnie" type deals. Not sure that MH investing Works in a partnership scenario. Any thoughts?

Are you asking if a partnership is a good entity to use as compared to an LLC or whether 2 people can work together to mutual benefit ? Regardless of property type it's possible to find win-win opportunities. I don't know why a MH deal would be any different. What do the parties want ? What do the parties have to bring to the table ? What's equitable ? Can you find consensus ?

Good luck !

Short answer is - Yes. You can partner on anything. Houses, businesses, etc.

I just closed today on a mobile home deal. Partnered with someone who paid the costs as an angel investor. Too busy to do anything himself due to his unrelated business, but likes side deals. So I found the deal 1/3, ran the deal and found a buyer 1/3 and he funded everything for 1/3. 

Why did I do it? I can do more deals and not use my own money. OPM yes?

What kind of return? We had right at $13,500 in expenses. Sold for $25k cash. Net $11,500. 

Bought April 15 sold May 13. 1 month involved.

ROI? 1000+% annualized.

For some reason he wants to do another deal. Go figure!

Have fun!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here