• Developer
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
Seeking Texas Attorney

Jon Klaus
  • Developer
  • Garland, TX
Posted Feb 11 2009, 07:07

I'm looking for referrals to Texas attorneys who know contracts for deed, lease options, installment sales, mortgages etc. Especially as related to mobile homes which can be part of the real estate or separated from it.

Also looking for investors doing land/home deals in TX.

User Stats

Votes
Brittany L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 30 2009, 07:29

Jon,

I am in Texas too and starting in mobiles. Let me tell you, lawyers specializing in this seem to be hard to find. I called about 10 local commercial RE lawyers, all of which referred me onto other lawyers they thought might have some experience- none of which did. I finally called up the head of the texas commercial RE lawyers board and he did a state search and came back with 3 names for me. I will be calling them tomorrow to see if any fit the bill. PM me if you want the names, and let me know if you want to wait until I have screened them to pass on my findings.

User Stats

Votes
Alan Smith
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ft Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ft Worth, TX
Replied Nov 30 2009, 23:01

I am reluctant to make a recommendation,but Matt Brooks might be able to help.
817 737 1244. He does most of our work,and we own over 800 MH pads,and have sold several thousand homes/lots. (Incidentally,we distribute/sell/wholesale mobiles in Texas,for those in need.)
My reluctance stems from the fact that I want to emphasize that he DOES NOT GIVE FREE ADVICE over the phone.
That said,he is a very relaxed guy with quite extensive experience in this field. We are in Ft Worth,but distribute throughout Texas.
alan

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brittany L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Dec 1 2009, 07:41

Alan,

I am curious. Have you used or have any experience with the Texas Manufactured Housing Association forms? If so, have you found them useful, or would you still recommend having forms such as promissory notes, purchase and sales agreements, etc. drafted by a lawyer? The TDHCA keeps recommending them.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Klaus
  • Developer
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Garland, TX
Replied Dec 2 2009, 01:03

Thanks Brittany and Alan. I've found what I needed. Brittany, I assume you are doing Lonnie deals? You may want to network with other Lonnie dealers to see who they've used.

User Stats

Votes
Alan Smith
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ft Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ft Worth, TX
Replied Dec 2 2009, 02:19

Brittany: I am not permitted to write contracts as a result of the size of our company. We always use an atty,either in-house or outside.Sorry,I am not familiar with their forms as a result.