Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Wendy Black
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Inherited Older MH in Sr. Park- What to Do?

Wendy Black
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jul 12 2016, 16:16

My husband has inherited a 12x33 skirted MH built in '83 or '84 on a rented slab in a nice, senior park in AZ with a community building and pool.  The single-wide also has a 12x8 shed with a washer and dryer.  His aunt died in the home 2 years ago and had lived there for decades.  (It was passed down to her only child, but he recently passed away.  His adult children don't want to bother with it and have given it to my husband.  They live across the country.) 

The park rent is $6100/yr.  We have yet to research the value of the home or the prevailing rent for a home that small.  What we'd do with it may depend upon whether it's rentable in the shape it's in and whether we can get it ready by "snowbird season" in a couple of months.  

We do have another 3 MHs that we inherited from my brother, but they came with tenants, and they're not in a senior park.  As most of our RE experience is with SFRs, can anyone pass on advice as to how we would know whether it's worth doing work to update it?  Is there any need for inspection before renting it?  The park has inspected the exterior.  

Thank you.

Loading replies...