Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Hall
  • West Blocton, AL
Votes |
Running a 20 space MHP remotely...can it be profitable?

Christopher Hall
  • West Blocton, AL
Posted Nov 23 2016, 09:13

I'm familiar with the northwest Georgia area, and there are some good deals for several MHP within a 150 -mile radius of each other.  Most of these parks own the mobile homes though, so it's certainly not a majority of lot rent only units.

My question - can it be profitable to run smaller MHP from afar (I live in Alabama - about a 3 hour drive)?  I'm not sure how property management works for a MHP.  Bigger MHP generally have an onsite manager, but these wouldn't be big enough for that.  And they are far enough away from each other that I don't think the same property management company could run them all.  And they don't have enough combined income to hire a full-time property manager to run back and forth.

And if it can't be profitable to run these types of MHP remotely, is the only profitable way to run them to manage them yourself by living in that area?

I'm a bit confused, and wonder if I've mentally trapped myself in a box of my self-imagined obstacles, or if I'm trying to see profit somewhere that it isn't.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Loading replies...