Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
David Rutledge
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Can you buy one mobile home and rent it out?

David Rutledge
  • Irvine, CA
Posted May 14 2017, 21:35

I listened to a BP podcast on here about mobile home park investing recently and it sparked my interest a little. I have never really considered it before but as I have researched the idea a little more there seems to be quite a few pros. I particularly love the advantage of the low entry points and potential for creative/seller financing for a potentially decent cash flow investment. 

I am not in a position to be able to buy an actual mobile home park but I am interested in the idea of buying a single mobile home and renting it out (similar to a long term buy and hold strategy with regular real estate) Most of the information I can find online talks about owning the actual parks or buying a mobile home and then turning around and flipping it but not much about buying one and renting it out.

I was hoping to get some input from other investors involved in mobile home park investing. Is it possible (or does it even make financial sense) to buy a mobile home either on private land or within a mobile home park and rent it out to tenants long term?

I am new to all this so any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

David

Loading replies...