Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Derek Robinson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
Mobile Home, no title or VIN on trailer...options?

Derek Robinson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Asheville, NC
Posted Jan 29 2018, 12:36

I'm closing on a piece of property this week.  It has two single wides currently.  One has the VIN and other info on a sticker in the master closet, so I'm good on that one.  The other has been "remodeled".  All interior cabinets and closets are ripped out, so no manufacturer info panel.  I looked on the front I beam and can barely see some letters and numbers scratched in, but too faint to make out.  Plus, it doesn't seem like there are enough characters to make a full VIN.  Owner of property purchased 8 years ago from a realtor who bought it at a tax sale, so tracking down an owner seems out of the question.

Do I have any options here?  My plan is to subdivide the land into three parcels, bring in a third trailer, and sell the 3 individually (I have a bank in the area that will finance single wides on land).  I guess I could keep the trailer with no title and rent it out, but I would prefer to flip.  The bank won't finance without title or VIN.  Maybe I owner finance it and collect my proceeds over time plus interest?  Maybe take it out and get a used trailer with title in it's place?

Loading replies...