Votes |
Adding Mobile Homes to a piece of land

Juan Monge
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pearland, TX
Posted Feb 16 2018, 08:06

Hi BP,

I have come across a FSBO on a 5 acre piece of land on the outskirts of a rapidly growing City (Pearland) on the outskirts of Houston, TX. The property currently has a SFH and two double-wide Mobile Homes - all currently tenant occupied (owner owns the MHs). Also, from discussing with the owner and reviewing an old survey, the property at one point had at least 7 mobile homes on it.

Regarding zoning / re-zoning and permissions, the county in which the property is located has no zoning regulations, but instead points to the city. When I look at the city zoning, the property sits outside the city limits, but is within the ETJ (extraterritorial jurisdiction). Does this mean I will still need to go through the same 'zoning / permission' process as if the property were inside the city limits? One other question (perhaps a bit silly), but at what point (number of mobile homes) would I be heading towards MHP and needing permission from the city. In other words, could I simply add 2,3,4...X more mobile homes before it would become a concern?

Thanks!

Juan Monge

Loading replies...