Seller financing a mobile home that’s listed

6 Replies

Hey guys I’ve been looking at a mobile home park in my area, however it is listed with an agent. Is it still possible to negotiate seller financing when the property has already been brought to market? Thank you!

@Jeremy Blevins Yes, it's possible. You just need to let the agent know of your intentions. Be honest and upfront. See if they are willing to bring the offer to the seller. The agent will want to know how they will get paid and what amount as well. You'll need to reassure them when you discuss your offer. Good luck! 

@Matt Wright @Rachel H.

Thank you for the responses! Rachel, if we’re only able to bring 5-10% to the table, any idea how we would pay the agent? Is there some creative way to write up the purchase? I can probably raise money but I’d prefer not at this point. Thanks again 

@Jeremy Blevins

hi there Jeremy,

if the property is listed, that listing agent will be compensated by the seller as agreed in the listing agreement so don’t worry about that in your calculations.

(btw, you can attempt to work behind the agent’s back and go direct to the seller for a deal but the seller likely has a contracted listing agreement which protects the agent from these types of moves)

if you have no agent, that listing agent may represent you and “double end” that deal.... this may compel him to write your seller financed offer and you will have representation in the deal.

all offers should be presented to the seller so even if the seller is not open to seller financing you can still make the offer.

best of luck! Sheryl

@Sheryl Macaraeg-Martinez

Hey Sheryl, thank you! I guess I was just concerned that the seller wouldn’t be interested in seller financing because they may have to come out of pocket in order to pay the agent. But you make a good point and it certainly doesn’t hurt to ask! Thanks again 

Originally posted by @Jeremy Blevins :

@Matt Wright @Rachel H.

Thank you for the responses! Rachel, if we’re only able to bring 5-10% to the table, any idea how we would pay the agent? Is there some creative way to write up the purchase? I can probably raise money but I’d prefer not at this point. Thanks again 

You may need to arrange payment with the agent. Either it comes out of your side or the seller's side, depends on negotiations. Yes, you may need to raise money either from private money lenders and/or bring in partners for the deal. Best of luck!