• Rental Property Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
Rental Management Software for MHC Operators

Trevor Stephens
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Eugene, OR
Posted Jul 1 2020, 11:56

I currently own a small 32 unit Mobile Home Community (Trailer Park, Mobile Home Park).  We are in the process of rehabbing the community before a refinance sometime next year.  My plan is to use the proceeds to move into a larger community.  I have been researching property management software to use in my business.  Buildium and Rent Manager are the top two on my list right now.  But I am curious to hear from other MHC operators, what they are using and what works for them.  Especially operators with multiple parks/managers in multiple states.  Rent Manager seems great on the tenant side of things but lacks the ability to automatically link expense accounts and bank accounts to automate the accounting side of things.  I can continue my accounting in QuickBooks but would greatly prefer one software that does everything.  Buildium seems to do everything I am currently looking for but seems to not have nearly as many features are Rent Manager.  AppFolio seems to be a go to for larger operators but requires fifty units to get started.  

Any advice on software that is working for larger operators would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...