Votes
Katrina Cabral
  • Los Gatos, CA
Votes |
Strategies to Sell a Property Fast

Katrina Cabral
  • Los Gatos, CA
Posted Jul 17 2022, 15:20

Been racking my brain trying to think of all the ways to get my place sold. A few things that I have come up with - not sure if they would have any effect at all - are:

Offer a higher commission than the traditional 3% to a buyers agent with the hopes that buyers agents would steer their clients to my place.

Do a 3D/Virtual walk through to increase odds of out of state buyers who might be willing to buy sight unseen. I'm frustrated that my agent has not done this.

Do a YouTube video. Ive seen these on YouTube featuring houses - mine isn't spectacular but seems like it could help. 

Since this feels like a numbers game and all I need is the for the 'right' person to see my property - does it matter if my place is listed with a small agency vs a large agency. I'm currently listed with a small agency and spoke with an agent from Compass realty, he said that they sell more properties than any other agency in the nation. And said that listing with a large agency gets more visibility. Is there any truth to this?

My agent said that they advertise on social media - but he did not and it seems they do not. Another agent contacted me and offered to the same - I asked him to send me a link to an example of a Facebook or Instagram ad of one of his properties and got crickets. Seems like social media advertising is just lip service in the industry?

Any other strategies that I should consider employing? Please don't say lower your price. I'm looking for strategies that I can employ besides lowering the price. 

My property is unique. Address is 2500 Kalakaua Ave #201 & 206 combined, Honolulu HI. Asking $450K. I AirBnb it while I try to sell it. I'm new to Airbnb so  trying to figure out how best to get it booked up. Every other unit in the building is booked out months in advance. This is the largest unit in the building at 1,544 sq ft interior and a lanai that's almost 1,200 sf. It is smack dab on the beach in Waikiki with awesome views and the sound of the waves. It has so much potential - a large primary residence, split it back up and live in one and rent the other, or sell one and keep the other, or sell both, or rent both, or rent the entire combined unit. If any one is interested in buying it off market then I would love to discuss. 

Loading replies...