Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Toyin Dawodu
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Riverside, CA
Votes |
WHY DO 95% OF REAL ESTATE INVESTORS FAIL?

Toyin Dawodu
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Riverside, CA
Posted Feb 13 2017, 08:13

I still find this hard to believe. 95% of would be real estate investors never buy a single house. A few months ago, I ran into a lady who has been going to seminars and REIA for more than ten years. I asked her how many properties she has bought and was shocked to learn.. None... not a single property in 10 years?

Then I begin to research the industry. I found out the failure rate is 95%. Can you imagine if our schools have a 95%

Everyday I ask myself why the failure rate is so high. How is it some many fail in spite of all the information and all the help. Or is there really any help out there? Are the Gurus doing their jobs? or is it the students that are failing the Gurus?

Let's talk about it. Maybe we can help a lot of people on this Bigger Pockets platform.

So if you are an experienced investor, flipper, or buy and hold person? What would you consider the reason for your success?

If you are a newbie or old timer who is really struggling to break through in this business, what do you think is the reason so many don't make it?

Here's my secret sauce. From day one I treated my involvement in real estate as a real business.

This means, I had an advertising budget, a lead generating and follow up process, a back end process and money source and above all an experienced mentor.  My first ad budget was $295.00 credit I got from my local news paper. 

The combination of all the above puts me shoulders above majority of the investors.

After more than 450 deals, everything just seems to fall in place, abundance of leads and lenders throwing money at me.

I actually believe this is possible for a lot of people in our industry. But they probably have to diagnose their problems first.

So what is the real reason 95% of the people fail in as real estate investors? Let's talk.

Loading replies...