• Bend, OR
Votes |
MEMPHIS MEMPHIS MEMPHIS

Brendan Lawrence
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bend, OR
Posted Jan 11 2021, 21:25

hey guys!

I read the great book, "Who Not How", recently, and in respect to the wisdom of the book I'm landing right here to ask this question!

Memphis, TN, seems very appealing for a remote rental investment territory.  I've noticed MANY neighborhoods where houses can be bought sub-$20k. But, a quick drive down the google street view and it looks like everybody is either working from the sidewalk or inspecting the patios for signs of rot.  Obviously this turns around any thoughts of considering these regions, but I do notice that there are a handful of zones where you can spend maybe around $40k or $50k and the next street over is starting to find 6 digit homes being listed.

My question here is what would you say the best neighborhoods are, for a BRRRR investor? I have about $10-15k to put down on a property of my own, and another $10k from a partner. I'll be holding mine as a rental but flipping the house with the partner for an equity split. It doesn't have to be IN Memphis either, mostly just commuting distance.

Do any of you guys/gals have property management and/or realtors that you recommend?  I'll absolutely give them a call and if you like I can drop your name as well as the reference.  

Thank you for any info and hope your 2021's are off to a good start!

Loading replies...