Votes
Zach Geer
  • Holbrook, NY
Votes |
post move in legal help

Zach Geer
  • Holbrook, NY
Posted Jan 16 2021, 03:02

Hello my name is Zach I purchased my home in July of 2020 in Holbrook NY. Prior to buying my inspector pointed out that there was aluminum wiring through out the house and recommended pigtailing the aluminum wiring at the outlets with copper. I made sure my lawyer made this request in the contract with provided proof ( a receipt from an electrician) that the work has been done. The selling party agreed brought it an electrician and provided the receipt at closing saying the work has been done so I signed the contract and moved in. I did not check the electrical wiring during the walk through and now it is 6 months later and I have had an outlet completely melt on the inside and come to find out the work they said was done hadn't been done at all I've opened 5 outlets so far and they are all aluminum with no copper pigtail. I called the electrician on the receipt and he told me that the seller told him to not do that work because they will be bringing another electrician in to do it. The electrician on the receipt also claims the seller must have forged part of the receipt and he will provide the original if needed. How do I go about handling this situation? Is there anything I can do since I did not catch it on the walk through? And who do I pursue legal action with the selling agent (who also flipped the house prior to me moving in with her company MONTAUK DUNES LLC) or the electrical company please respond all advice is needed. Thank you

Loading replies...