• Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Two Part Question About REALTORS

Seth Pefley
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Jul 6 2021, 07:13

Hi guys, 

Long time BP listener, first time in the forums though. 

I've had my RE license for about 3 weeks now and I'm looking for some advice. When you were new, how did you go about showing your value to prospective clients and how did you go about gaining their trust despite your lack of experience? Did you just act like you knew what you were doing and hope they didn't ask how many homes you've sold? Should I be upfront about it and just tell them I will be able to devote all my time to helping them?

Second question - I'd love to eventually find my niche in being a REALTOR who specializes in working with investors, and plan on investing myself. I've been warned not to do so, as "investors are never loyal." Is there any truth in that, or does it depend on the individual investor? I'd love to help other investors find deals and help them list their flips when they are finished. Do any of you out there have a similar niche? I feel like I'll at least need some transactions under my belt before an investor would actually be interested in working with me, or at least prove that I can provide them some value.

Also, if any agents or investors in Northeast Florida are interested in networking, I'd love to meet some of you!

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...