Buying & Selling Real Estate Discussion

User Stats

Votes
Rudy Ratner
Votes |
Getting offer updates on a property

Rudy Ratner
Posted Jan 26 2022, 10:13

Whenever I ask my realtor to look into a property, sometimes he does not seem to bother replying because people have already made offers way above my budget. 

Is there a site (paid or otherwise) where I can get what offers have been made on a property? That way I dont need to keep bugging my realtor on those properties as I would have an idea of my competition. Is such a service available for non-agents?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2022, 13:51

@Rudy Ratner no, there is no such thing.  Are you looking at houses that are listed above your budget? 

User Stats

Votes
Rudy Ratner
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 14:01

Oh not at all. The houses show up well within my budget. But I’m sure you know the current market, they seem to get bid well over my budget. 50/60k over. 
I’m just trying to get ahead of the game to know what I should even bother offering for. As you know, putting together an offer is quite a bit of work for the realtor. 
It’s not like an auction where I can just raise a paddle :). 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2022, 15:13

@Rudy Ratner for sure.  And your realtor should be responsive, but also guiding you on the viability of what you're looking at.

User Stats

Votes
Todd Rasmussen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • La Verne, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • La Verne, CA
Replied Jan 26 2022, 16:15

@Rudy Ratner

Get an excel spreadsheet going and revisit properties 40 days after they go pending and see what they sold for. Best way to get feedback on what others are paying.

User Stats

Votes
Rudy Ratner
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 16:20

That’s is brilliant. I was thinking of doing something like that. But can I simply knock on the door and ask them how much they bought it for?