• San Francisco, CA
Votes |
I got a Cash offer from Redfin - Selling with Redfin

Allan Pilapil
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 28 2022, 06:15

Hello BP community

Redfin gave me a cash offer for one of my properties in Northern California.

It looks extremely attractive since I was already thinking about selling and buying out of state

Has anyone sold with Redfin before? Or have went through with a cash offer from Redfin? How was the experience?

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 28 2022, 10:43
Originally posted by @Allan Pilapil:

Hello BP community

Redfin gave me a cash offer for one of my properties in Northern California.

It looks extremely attractive since I was already thinking about selling and buying out of state

Has anyone sold with Redfin before? Or have went through with a cash offer from Redfin? How was the experience?

Thank you!

Have they been to the property and then given you a written offer signed by someone authorized to purchase and close?

Or have they just given you an offer over the phone?

User Stats

Votes
Allan Pilapil
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Jan 28 2022, 10:46

@Mike Hern

Yes sir. Full inspection and termite inspection and 3D scan

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
William Broxson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Youngtown Ohio
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Youngtown Ohio
Replied Jan 28 2022, 10:55

If your comfortable with the price that's one thing but I would call a local realtor or 2 and ask for a market analysis. Normally it's free usually so why not?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jan 28 2022, 11:05
Originally posted by @Allan Pilapil:

@Mike Hern

Yes sir. Full inspection and termite inspection and 3D scan

If you are happy with the offer, they have the ability to close. Ask them why they are charging you a realtor's fee since you have no realtor and need no realtor. A realtor's fee is for providing services. They are double dipping. It isn't how much the offer is that counts, it's how much you wind up with after closing.

All my offers are cash and I don't charge a realtor's fee. I think it's exploitation & manipulation to charge a seller a realtor's fee for buying a property for yourself. There is no service being provided. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay C.
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied Jan 28 2022, 19:49

@Allan Pilapil Our last listing in the Bay Area was a client who was going to sell cash offer via Redfin and we made them a lot more money on the open market. Ask a realtor to do a comp analysis of your home to help with the decision if you want to maximize profit.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Garlington
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Replied Jan 28 2022, 23:19

I sus pect Allan already knows EVERYTHING we are all telling him......redfin is the garage sale that "charges you nothing" (A big misconception)....gives you instant cash on the spot for your property.....in a Seller's market.....only to find out that had you had a local realtor market the property and you had waited another weak you probably could have got about 40-50% more.