• Irvine, CA
Votes |
shall we rent out our primary or buy the new investment propertie

Dong Yan
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Posted May 17 2022, 14:30

Hi everyone

We stayed in our current home for many years,the neighborhood we stay is very desirable and convenient.

But the high school is getting more and more competitive. It will no longer be a good choice for my younger daughter, who is very laid back and does not like to study hard. In this case ,rather than investing on another rental, we are thinking about moving out highly competitive school district.

In addition, With the current market,  the investment properties are all super expensive,very hard to get the positive cash flow, we are thinking about buying a new home, my current home can be rented as an investment property.But over the years, we made tons of upgrade to the existing house, the rent isn't that appealing due to all the upgrade we made to the existing home.

Shall we  buying an investment property or buy a primary home in our situation?

The Pro of buying an investment property is that we can borrow less money and the rate is high right now.

The con is we can't transfer my younger daughter to the less competitive school. And the existing market doesn't offer us any good deals to have the positive cash flow.

The Pro of buying the primary house is we can still get the cash flow we needed , transferring my younger daughter to a less competitive school but rates is super high and the primary house cost a lot of more than the investment property .

Any advised will be highly appreciated!

Stella

Loading replies...