Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Ileana Fonseca
Votes |
Should I buy a NPN with a lost note in Broward Florida?

Ileana Fonseca
Posted May 18 2022, 20:24

Im looking to buy a couple NPN, but one is missing the original note. It has a loan mod with some transfer. Help

User Stats

Votes
Edwin Epperson
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 19 2022, 09:58

@Ileana Fonseca, as a PL, my notes are like gold. They are the physical representation of the money I have loaned. If your thinking of purchasing a NPN, whose current lender does not have the original Note, you will most definitely want to engage an attorney to find out what liabilities you could inadvertently assume by buying such a note. IMHO, I would pass. If there are other notes I would look into those. In the military, we had a saying, "pursue the path of least resistance".

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Plombon
  • Banker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Banker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied May 19 2022, 10:03
Quote from @Ileana Fonseca:

Im looking to buy a couple NPN, but one is missing the original note. It has a loan mod with some transfer. Help

I would pass if it is missing the original note. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Chad U.
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied May 20 2022, 05:28
Quote from @Ileana Fonseca:

I invite you to review the statute in the link below.  As mentioned above, I'd have a qualified creditor rights attorney review the collateral for you.  

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/sta...