• West Georgia
Votes |
New investor looking for advice

Devonair Jackson
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Georgia
Posted May 23 2022, 10:29

Hello everyone, I have always believed in the importance of learning from my elders and/or those more experienced than myself. With that being said, what advice would you give to your less experienced-self in terms of real estate? 

-What are some pitfalls you would have avoided?

-What would you have done sooner?

-How would you change the beginning of your RE investing journey to make you a better investor? 

-ETC, ETC, ETC....

Please don't only answer my questions, but answer how you'd like about the advice you would give yourself before starting to invest in RE. 

Account Closed
  • Lender
  • Columbus Ohio
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Columbus Ohio
Replied May 23 2022, 11:13

If I were just starting out I would go to every real estate networking event possible. There so much value in meeting people face to face and building a network of people you've met in person. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied May 23 2022, 13:06

Hi @Devonair Jackson, I agree. Definitely go to networking events and meet others in the industry. 

As for pitfalls and mistakes, everyone makes them so when you do, don't beat yourself up too much over them. 

Make sure that you are connecting with others and don't try to do everything at once. Target something specific so you can take action and be knowledgeable. 

If you do that, I have no doubt that you will be successful.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes