Buying & Selling Real Estate Discussion

User Stats

Votes

Most up to date essential investment analysis reading recs

Posted Jun 3 2022, 08:56

Hello,

My name is Niko. I just graduated with a BSCE and love math, science, and analysis, but know very little about business outside of the microecon class I took. I am about to start my first professional job and want to put my new income to work and start investing. I am specifically interested in essential reading on cash flow properties, and to be clear, for now, I am not interested in the speculative flipping of properties. But, first, I want to do my homework; are there any fellow nerds and number crunchers out there with up-to-date recs for books on how investors technically analyze potential cash-flow investment properties and how they manage them after purchase? 

Kind regards,
Niko

Vancouver, Washington

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Stone
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rockaway Beach, OR
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rockaway Beach, OR
Replied Jun 26 2022, 11:22

Niko,

There are a ton of great books out there on this subject. For number crunching and a first book I would strongly recommend ... Frank Gallinelli's What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow ... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures. As a new investor new in the work force I would also Strongly recommend Scott Trench's Set for Life  Which is not about the numbers but the mindset, you may already have the mindset but I think it's worth the read. There are also a few local meet ups that you may want to check out in South Western Washington and the Portland metro. Those folks do talk numbers and sometimes do deal analysis at the meet up.