• Boone, NC
Votes |
Market is starting to turn? Boone, Banner Elk, Beech Mountain

Keith Dowdy
  • Realtor
  • Boone, NC
Posted Jun 6 2022, 15:08

Hi all,

The worm is turning- maybe? As a real estate agent in the area of Boone/ Banner Elk/ Beech Mountain and many other towns in the area, I'm seeing listings staying on the market a little longer than before and each day I see a handful or more listings do price reductions. A couple months ago, that was unheard of. 

If you'd like to learn more about the market or would like to look for a second home/ vacation home/ STR, let me know. I can help. I have helped several STR seekers recently. One just closed and another is under contract. I've got one of my STRs on Beech Mountain on the market as a matter of fact!

I would love to help anyone who wants to explore the area for investment properties. Just let me know!

Keith Dowdy

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 6 2022, 16:35

Enjoy Banner Elk, but it is too far for Floridians. That's why cashiers/ glenville will always remain more popular imo!

User Stats

Votes
Keith Dowdy
  • Realtor
  • Boone, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boone, NC
Replied Jun 6 2022, 18:14
Quote from @Sean Ross:

Enjoy Banner Elk, but it is too far for Floridians. That's why cashiers/ glenville will always remain more popular imo!

That may be, but in Beech Mountain there are more Florida license plates than NC license plates. At least half my short term renters are from Florida 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Chris T.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 7 2022, 05:33

@Keith Dowdy - Is there any price range or specific areas in that market that seems to be weakening more (Boone, resort areas, etc)?  Are you seeing any weakening of the rental demand or is that still holding strong?   

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Rich
Pro Member
  • Salisbury, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Salisbury, NC
Replied Jun 7 2022, 16:35

Keith,

I definitely think the spring and summer vacation rental market has slowed considerably up at Beech Mountain.  
Our properties are slower than even pre pandemic. While the economy is one driving factor, my hypothesis is that people that put off larger summer trips during the pandemic are now taking those trips instead of spending time up at Beech. There are also more properties that are exclusively STR's which is driving up supply in the area. I think some of this will rebound especially as the temperature cranks higher. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Ryan 

User Stats

Votes
Sam M.
Votes |
Quote from @Keith Dowdy:
Quote from @Sean Ross:

That may be, but in Beech Mountain there are more Florida license plates than NC license plates. At least half my short term renters are from Florida 

I see a lot of FL plates while I am in Banner Elk, as well.  Our neighbor lives in FL and rents our his place when not in use.