Votes
David Urena-Amaro
  • Handyman
Votes |
My Thursday Three's!

David Urena-Amaro
  • Handyman
Posted Jun 23 2022, 09:22

1: How do I pay taxes on the rent money I recieve from tendants/do I have too?

2: What loan finances avoid having money in the bank for more than two months? (Is that even a thing?)

3: What are some tax benefits and how do they work in owning property?

-Thanks to everyone who shot last week's questions into my inbox as well! My apologies if these questions aren't as structured as I'd hope. 

(A lot of 2 in 1's haha.. )

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Cai
  • Investor
  • Savannah GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Savannah GA
Replied Jun 23 2022, 09:36

1: Your income from the rent is most likely to be covered by the depreciation, a tax term that defines the useful life of your rental property. It is considered as a phantom expense in tax law

2: This is very specific. Personally,  I have not encountered one that does not allow you to have any cash in the bank. You should consult with your loan officer in case they have some unique product.

3: Same as the first part, depreciation. The tax benefits are very well elaborated on BP youtube. You should definitely check it out.

User Stats

Votes
David Urena-Amaro
  • Handyman
Votes |
  • Handyman
Replied Jun 24 2022, 09:23
Quote from @Jonathan Cai:

1: Your income from the rent is most likely to be covered by the depreciation, a tax term that defines the useful life of your rental property. It is considered as a phantom expense in tax law

2: This is very specific. Personally,  I have not encountered one that does not allow you to have any cash in the bank. You should consult with your loan officer in case they have some unique product.

3: Same as the first part, depreciation. The tax benefits are very well elaborated on BP youtube. You should definitely check it out.

Thank you for the feed back Jonathan!
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes