• Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Marketing SFR to investors

Christopher Brock
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jul 25 2022, 09:54

I have a SFR that I need to sell for tax reasons, but it's currently occupied by a high-quality tenant. Rather than waiting for the current lease term to expire, I'd like to market the property to investors looking to either buy and hold, or that generally value a tenant being in place (vs. waiting and then marketing via retail MLS).

Any tips, marketplaces, or experiences that others can provide on how best to go about getting this process started?

User Stats

Votes
Michael David
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Missouri
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Missouri
Replied Jul 25 2022, 13:29

Hey @Christopher Brock have you tried the Find an Agent tool? We have several investor friendly agents in the Charlotte, NC area who may be working with a buy and hold investor already. Maybe one will see this post shortly. Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Cox
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 25 2022, 13:57

Hey Christopher! With the number of people moving to Charlotte, there's still plenty of investor interest - especially in buy and hold properties in good shape. I myself am an agent with a company that purchases properties such as those and markets them to a network of local investors if you're looking for a local off-market route. Other routes include local investment groups on Facebook and other investor sites such as Connected Investors! I'd be happy to get in touch and see if we might be able to help out - best of luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Brock
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 26 2022, 06:27
Quote from @Michael David:

Hey @Christopher Brock have you tried the Find an Agent tool? We have several investor friendly agents in the Charlotte, NC area who may be working with a buy and hold investor already. Maybe one will see this post shortly. Good luck! 

Thanks Michael, I have not, but will check it out. Appreciate it.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Brock
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 26 2022, 06:28
Quote from @Patrick Cox:

Hey Christopher! With the number of people moving to Charlotte, there's still plenty of investor interest - especially in buy and hold properties in good shape. I myself am an agent with a company that purchases properties such as those and markets them to a network of local investors if you're looking for a local off-market route. Other routes include local investment groups on Facebook and other investor sites such as Connected Investors! I'd be happy to get in touch and see if we might be able to help out - best of luck!

Thanks, Patrick. I'm less looking for an agent, as I'm a former one myself, and more so a direct way to market the property to investors (and their agents). But this is helpful, thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Colleen Goldstein
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Replied Jul 30 2022, 19:53

@Christopher Brock I'd recommend joining FB group called Charlotte Real Estate Investors - very active community and easy way to market. I would say, they will expect the numbers to work but it's worth a shot. Otherwise, would recommend flat fee listing - Meredith Christie has helped in the past and is sooo easy to work with.

User Stats

Votes
Evans Wright
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 31 2022, 18:05

Charlotte, NC Real Estate Investors. Post on there.

User Stats

Votes
Amy Shutes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 3 2022, 11:16

@Christopher Brock

I am an investor and realtor in the Charlotte metro area. I just helped my client who is an investor buy a duplex with tenants currently occupying. He’s going to be living in one side once one tenant moves out. I’m happy to assist in the same way. If you’d like my help please let me know. I work with a lot of investors.