Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Reggie Monroe
Votes |
Buy a new build in DC (5/4) for Short Term Rental Purpose ?

Reggie Monroe
Posted Oct 9 2022, 23:23

I purchased my first multifamily home a year ago & I'm getting excellent cash flow due to the low mortgage rate I received. Now I'm ready to buy home #2 with the ultimate goal of using it as a short term rental.

Recently I came across a beautiful SFH New Build in Washington DC for just under 600K. 5 BR/3.5 Bathrooms.

My reason for purchasing is to rent it out on Air BNB, hoping to make great returns.  My monthly mortgage payment is estimated at 4K.  I'd hope to cash flow 10K+/month.  

Does this house sound like a good investment or should I buy a smaller home in hopes of getting a better ROI?

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seiden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Replied Oct 9 2022, 23:59
Quote from @Reggie Monroe:

I purchased my first multifamily home a year ago & I'm getting excellent cash flow due to the low mortgage rate I received. Now I'm ready to buy home #2 with the ultimate goal of using it as a short term rental.

Recently I came across a beautiful SFH New Build in Washington DC for just under 600K. 5 BR/3.5 Bathrooms.

My reason for purchasing is to rent it out on Air BNB, hoping to make great returns.  My monthly mortgage payment is estimated at 4K.  I'd hope to cash flow 10K+/month.  

Does this house sound like a good investment or should I buy a smaller home in hopes of getting a better ROI?

Are you planning to live in the house? Because unfortunately D.C. recently made it illegal for non-owner occupants to Airbnb.
  • Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225260957), District of Columbia (#Sp40001090), and Maryland (#667710)

• Samson Properties
Samson Properties  Logo