Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
James Milazzo
Votes |
Fix and Flip. Motivated seller. Hurricane Ian.

James Milazzo
Posted Oct 20 2022, 15:29

Not sure where to post this. Mods, feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else.

Fix and flip in Sanibel Island, Florida

The typical price for a home on Sanibel is $2 million - $5 million. However, I have seen a home for sale for as little as $750,000. If that's too rich for your blood, I've seen Sanibel condos for sale for as little as $400,000. Before hurricane Ian, a typical price for a trailer + Florida room in Periwinkle Park campground was $100,000.

The property in question is a trailer + Florida room in Periwinkle Park campground. Based on photographs, the exterior of the trailer + Florida room appear to be okay. But the water got at least seven feet high, so the interior of the trailer + Florida room will need to be gutted. Everything other than the exterior shell will need to go. Carpets, furniture, cabinets, etc. 

Despite high interest rates and hurricane Ian, real estate prices on Sanibel are strong. The $2 million - $5 million range I mentioned? That's from a search I did a couple weeks ago, well after hurricane Ian. For you to make money here, three things need to be true.

1. After the renovation, you need to be able to sell the unit for a good price, such as a typical pre-hurricane price of $100,000.
2. The cost of the renovation needs to be reasonable, such as $25,000.
3. The seller needs to sell at a low price. Which, he is very willing to do.

The seller plans to sell within the next 30 days. If interested PM me.

User Stats

Votes
James Milazzo
Votes |
Replied Oct 20 2022, 15:31

To clarify the OP: the property is located on Sanibel Island, NOT in Cape Coral.