• Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
I’m a buyer in St. Petersburg Beach area

Joel Lazar
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Posted Oct 21 2022, 05:37

St. Petersburg Beach “area”. $300k range. 2/2 with no short term rental restrictions. No 55 plus either. Please dm me.

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 21 2022, 08:49

Hi @Joel Lazar, I suggest you reach out to @Josh Green. He is an expert in the area and can help you with your search! I hope this recommendation helps. 

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mike Shulman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Replied Oct 22 2022, 05:03

Unfortunately St Pete restricts short-term rental. You have to adjust your market to a different town and to find one without restrictions. Largo is a good option

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam Benmbark
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied Oct 24 2022, 08:30

@Joel Lazar, My intention is not to be negative but that does not exist right now in St. Pete Beach or anywhere within 30 minutes.  You'd be hard-pressed to find something like that at double the budget, $600k.  If anyone is telling you that you are anywhere near reality they are wasting your time and efforts stringing you along.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Lazar
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Oct 24 2022, 11:55
Quote from @Adam Benmbark:

@Joel Lazar, My intention is not to be negative but that does not exist right now in St. Pete Beach or anywhere within 30 minutes.  You'd be hard-pressed to find something like that at double the budget, $600k.  If anyone is telling you that you are anywhere near reality they are wasting your time and efforts stringing you along.

Thank you Adam. My budget can be increased as can be geographic range. Whatever gets me closest to the Gulf Coast beaches and is STR friendly.

User Stats

Votes
Mya Toohey
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa Florida
Replied Oct 24 2022, 15:19

@Joel Lazar

I work exclusively with STRs in the beach areas. What's your email and I can send you my very exclusive listings. I only send allowable, nightly, 15% gross to Purchase price and above. So, if the house was a million dollars, it would have to gross 150k for me to even send it out. I only work with a couple of buyers at a time, so, each one can get exactly what they want. I just closed 3 so, I have an opening.

User Stats

Votes
Zach Placek
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 25 2022, 05:54
Quote from @Mike Shulman:

Unfortunately St Pete restricts short-term rental. You have to adjust your market to a different town and to find one without restrictions. Largo is a good option

May I ask what types of STR restrictions they have in place?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Shulman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • orlando, FL
Replied Oct 25 2022, 06:36
St Pete has a 30-day minimum rental. There are parts of town that exclude those rules but it is a bit of a needle and a haystack. Unincorporated Pinellas county does not restrict and you could find areas in St Pete that are unincorporated but it's very difficult. I work with a great realtor and then area that knows the ins and outs. I'd be happy to connect you if you're interested, just send me a PM

Quote from @Zach Placek:
Quote from @Mike Shulman:

May I ask what types of STR restrictions they have in place?

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Replied Oct 25 2022, 07:00

@Zach Placek

30 night minimum stays is what most are generally referring to here. There are restrictions in all of Pinellas county and Hillsborough but the min nightly standards vary by city and that's what investors are usually worried about.

User Stats

Votes
Luke Rorech
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Greater Tampa Bay
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Greater Tampa Bay
Replied Oct 25 2022, 08:26

@Joel Lazar

Your best bet would be to look into Indian Rocks Beach as they don't prohibit STR's. For the most part, all other beach towns in Pinellas County are tough on STR but there are still small zoning districts that do allow them. Working with a realtor who is up to dates with those rules and regulations is important.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 25 2022, 09:17

Hey Joel, Are you looking to buy or sell? I'm interested in the STR space myself. Looking to start with the subleasing strategy. I'm in Orlando. It'll be great to connect sometime.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Lazar
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Oct 25 2022, 12:48
Quote from @Luke Rorech:

@Joel Lazar

Your best bet would be to look into Indian Rocks Beach as they don't prohibit STR's. For the most part, all other beach towns in Pinellas County are tough on STR but there are still small zoning districts that do allow them. Working with a realtor who is up to dates with those rules and regulations is important.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. 

Thanks Luke. Find me one to buy. 

User Stats

Votes
Joel Lazar
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Oct 25 2022, 12:50
Quote from @Melvy Concepcion:

Hey Joel, Are you looking to buy or sell? I'm interested in the STR space myself. Looking to start with the subleasing strategy. I'm in Orlando. It'll be great to connect sometime.

I'm look to buy at this time. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 25 2022, 17:48
Quote from @Joel Lazar:
Quote from @Melvy Concepcion:

I'm look to buy at this time. 

Cool. I'm in the Orlando area. Feel free to reach out if I could be of service or if you would like to talk strategies some time. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 2 2022, 12:20

Hi Joel. I have 2 properties there I'd like for you to take a look at to see if you're interested.