• Boston, MA
Votes |
Youngstown, OH - Buyer looking for a consistent/bulk seller

Darsh Patel
Pro Member
  • Boston, MA
Posted Oct 27 2022, 10:44

Hi, 

I work with a real estate company that is looking to expand its footprint in Youngstown Ohio and Cinicinnati, Ohio. We are looking for a real estate company or group that can provide multiple properties in these two areas for purchase. The purchases would be in cash and we would look to purchase regularly not just looking for a one off deal. Does anyone here know of a company or investor who has that selling bandwidth? 

Regards,

Darsh

User Stats

Votes
Anthony McEvoy
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Replied Oct 27 2022, 13:18

Hello @Darsh Patel - Did you try the agent finder on this site?

User Stats

Votes
Darsh Patel
Pro Member
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Boston, MA
Replied Oct 27 2022, 18:07

Hi @Anthony McEvoy. We are looking to build a transactional partnership with someone rather than having an agent send us properties. We have found it to be hard to scale with having to review properties sent 

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Alexa K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Oct 27 2022, 23:42

Youngstown is already oversaturated with landlords.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#4 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Oct 28 2022, 10:03
Quote from @Alexa K.:

Youngstown is already oversaturated with landlords.

Especially OOS landlords.

User Stats

Votes
Lori Williams
  • Developer
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Nov 12 2022, 13:40
Quote from @Darsh Patel:

Hi, 

I work with a real estate company that is looking to expand its footprint in Youngstown Ohio and Cinicinnati, Ohio. We are looking for a real estate company or group that can provide multiple properties in these two areas for purchase. The purchases would be in cash and we would look to purchase regularly not just looking for a one off deal. Does anyone here know of a company or investor who has that selling bandwidth? 

Regards,

Darsh

Hi Darsh.

It's hard for an OOS landlord to find much support by local folks in Ytown because we have a ton of OOS landlords who are, for lack of a nicer description, slumlords (or they insist on trying to make the houses into rehab houses, which means we have to go down to city hall, fight them and get them shut down).

They look at Ytown as cheap, disposable properties, they don't bring them up to code, they rent to the first crackhead with 500.00 in their pocket, 3 mos later the crackhead has skipped out without paying rent, damaged the property, and the landlord just rents it out to a similarly situated tenant, rinse and repeat.

This makes the neighborhoods worse and keeps our property values down further than they should be. 

For example, I buy in a very tiny neighborhood exclusively. It's like 1 street. I have multiple California investors and several other out of state investors on this little street. None of their properties are up to code, most of their tenants are awful. That makes it very difficult for me, because I invest heavily in my properties and rent to professionals. And no one wants to pay premium rent and then live next to hillbillies who are loud, messy or have 5 large dogs that they let run loose.

TBH, most of the locals investing in Youngstown (OK, maybe not most, but many) are trying to make the city nicer, because it's their city. They see the properties as a lifelong investment, they want the property values to go up, they want the properties taken care of, and the OOS landlords have made this difficult. OOS landlords have not been good for the city, and it all boils down to they don't care about the city and seem to view it as one giant hood. They are looking for D properties, and they are F landlords.

Of course, your company may not be like that. I just wanted to explain why perhaps the feedback you were getting seemed maybe less than what you were hoping.

User Stats

Votes
Dave Dumoulin
Pro Member
  • Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Replied Apr 4 2023, 11:24

@Lori Williams

Hi Lori,

I am an OOS Investor and totally share your philosophy. I have owned 10 units in Cleveland for the last three years, and I am now seriously thinking of buying rentals for the long term in Youngstown. There seem to be very nice neighborhoods with well maintained houses by high quality tenants in Youngstown. That’s where I wish to acquire and rehab by putting the requested effort. Would it be possible to talk with you ? Best Regards