User Stats

Votes
Amar Amar
Votes |
Investing in Acocreek- Maryland

Amar Amar
Posted Nov 24 2022, 05:27

Hello,

Seeking some advice from the experts in the group on rental property investing in Acocreek, MD. There are hardly any areas in DMV ( DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia) where you can have a cash flow. I’m considering Acocreek because of its proximity to DC, Airforce base and many other job locations and will be able to break-even after 20% down. Appreciate any advice/information. 

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Cruse
  • Investor
  • Fort Washington, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Washington, MD
Replied Nov 24 2022, 09:59

I assume you are talking about Accokeek. It's a very nice town but unless you have a specific deal there that works you shouldn't just limit it to that alone. There are plenty of communities similar to that one in close proximity. It does have appeal because of the things you mentioned in addition to its mix of rural and suburban ambiance. Within a very short time you can be very city. However, parts of Fort Washington, Brandywine, Croom, Cheltenham, Clinton and several others can offer the exact same thing. Accokeek is good but if this is mix you feel works best for you I'd advise broadening it a bit to get enhanced deal flow. You will have more possibilities and chances to hit the right numbers. 

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seiden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Replied Nov 25 2022, 12:11
Quote from @Amar Amar:

Hello,

Seeking some advice from the experts in the group on rental property investing in Acocreek, MD. There are hardly any areas in DMV ( DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia) where you can have a cash flow. I’m considering Acocreek because of its proximity to DC, Airforce base and many other job locations and will be able to break-even after 20% down. Appreciate any advice/information. 

Thanks!

I’d rather be a little north on there or if price is a dealbreaker maybe consider Baltimore or it’s surrounding counties it’s a little isolated down there which caps both appreciation and rent growth.

• Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225260957), District of Columbia (#Sp40001090), and Maryland (#667710)

• Samson Properties
Samson Properties  Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Amar Amar
Votes |
Replied Nov 25 2022, 13:51
Quote from @Jack Seiden:
Quote from @Amar Amar:

Hello,

Thanks!

I’d rather be a little north on there or if price is a dealbreaker maybe consider Baltimore or it’s surrounding counties it’s a little isolated down there which caps both appreciation and rent growth.

Thank you Jack. Makes sense. appreciate sharing your thoughts. 

User Stats

Votes
Amar Amar
Votes |
Replied Nov 25 2022, 13:54
Quote from @Mark Cruse:

I assume you are talking about Accokeek. It's a very nice town but unless you have a specific deal there that works you shouldn't just limit it to that alone. There are plenty of communities similar to that one in close proximity. It does have appeal because of the things you mentioned in addition to its mix of rural and suburban ambiance. Within a very short time you can be very city. However, parts of Fort Washington, Brandywine, Croom, Cheltenham, Clinton and several others can offer the exact same thing. Accokeek is good but if this is mix you feel works best for you I'd advise broadening it a bit to get enhanced deal flow. You will have more possibilities and chances to hit the right numbers. 

Hi Mark - Yes, I meant Accokeek. I couldn’t update after I created. I’m gonna consider other area you mentioned. Thanks for the help.